HomeBlogHow to Apply For 100,000 Yen?

How to Apply For 100,000 Yen?

DISCLOSURE : This post contains affiliate links. For more information, please read our disclosure policy.

How to Apply – Foreign residents who are listed on the Japan’s Basic Resident Register from April 27th and also carried a Japan visa for more than 3 months are eligible to receive 100,000 yen from the Japanese government, which is offering to all residents as a part of its coronavirus financial feedback package.

How to Apply for the Aid

Applications and also payments will certainly be made without human intervention to avoid infections and also reduce clerical work at metropolitan offices.

Apply Via Post

The municipality where you are signed up will certainly post an application form to the head of every registered family. The head of household needs to fill in their name, date of birth, address, and also savings bank account number, and post the application back with photocopies of their ID and savings bank account details. The amount is then transferred to the provided account.

If the head of a family does not apply because of bad health or other reasons, another person can fill the form.


Apply Online

If you have a My Number Card (Individual Number Card), you can apply online below:


If you don’t have a bank account, you are permitted to send the form in-person at the municipal office and are eligible to receive the cash later. Check with your municipality for any other exceptions.

When will I Receive The Money?

Each municipality chooses when to begin approving applications and also when to distribute the money. The applications will certainly be approved over a duration of 3 months.

Applicants will certainly begin getting the handouts in May at the earliest.

Scam alert

The Consumer Affairs Agency states it expects frauds associated with the handout. It states to be careful of suspicious telephone call and also e-mails asking for savings bank account pin numbers and also various other details.

No need to use an ATM MACHINE or go to the financial institution to receive the money. Any telephone call or e-mails claiming or else, become a part of frauds. Do not respond to those requests.

More info

Information regarding the handout and also the Basic Resident Register is readily available on the Ministry of Internal Affairs as well as Communications internet site. Telephone appointment is also available.

Check below for FAQ


On the handouts:


Hotline Numbers
0120-260020 (Toll-free phone call)
9: 00 a.m. to 8: 00 p.m.

About Basic Resident Register:


Hotline Numbers
0570-066-630 (telephone call forwarding)
03-6436-3605 (when calling from IP phones or PHS)
-Japanese, English, Chinese, Korean, Spanish, Portuguese, Vietnamese, Thai, Indonesian, Tagalog, and also Nepali
From April 1, 2020 to March 31, 2021.
Weekdays: 8: 30 a.m. to 5: 30 p.m. (besides national holidays and also from December 29th via January 3rd).